This is our blog. Isn't it designed like a pro? My favorite design application is MS Paint. If anyone wants to share sparkly .gifs of puppies I got tons!
If anyone wants to get their brains going on their senior project we are going to go to the Discovery Zone on Friday AM if anyone wants to go. Thought the interactive installations could help. Give me a call 828-234-7633 chances are I won't answer so leave a message. We will leave around breakfast time early.
Video Track. For project I am interested in: Immersive soundscapes Video Projections MIDI keyboard to control video abstract video art Quartz Composer Composite Imaging
During the meeting today, the other video track people and I had a very productive discussion about the various projects we were interested in, though we haven't officially formed into groups yet. I would like if the video people could have another roundtable sometime this week with the goal of dividing into groups. Also, we can watch example of the stuff that inspires us to get a feel for one another's aesthetic approaches.
We need to get into groups ASAP, time is running out.
Agreed- I'm wanting to do something with video as well and would dig meeting up soon so we can get our groups hammered out.
I like Cliff's idea of a triptych video type of thing, as well as a soundscape/videoscape thing....incorporating beautiful nature footage would be radtastic too. I'm thinking like the 'Everynone' words or 'stoop sitting video.' Have something to do with association of words, and what they mean, how they relate, stuff like that maybe? Conjure up emotions and feelings with words and associations, but only using video and sound.
Just so we know who's good at what I think we should list our strong points and what we enjoy doing.
I'd say my strong points in MMAS are: Very very strong in videography/photography, composition of images, FCP editing, pretty strong in AE, know a teeeeeny bit of coding, and I can't think of anything else right now. I am also usually very flexible with ideas and times and I'm free a lot more than last semester in terms of class times( However, I'm still busy during weekend mornings b/c of work, Friday - Sunday, sometimes Monday, times vary)
Really enjoyed chatting it up at the meeting today!
I'm really down to do something with multiple projectors or split screen/more of an installation interactive things with video would be cool.
I definitely want to create something with video snippets of nature/city/life/human interaction/form.
Not opposed to some typography in motion with nice video/time lapse.
LOVE the idea of juxtaposing different things like sounds that don't match or images that are seemingly different with a connection.
Love the idea of the word interaction with video portraying different meanings on the same word or verbal concept with cultural references and/or portraying the natural flow of human mind and finding connections with how people think along the same word stream due to cultural/environmental influence.
I have a really flexible schedule and only have 9 hours this semester. So things are pretty open and I want to put a lot of time into this project and work with people who are willing to do the same. :)
Excellent work! Great start. So glad you initiated the blog. I also want to share ideas about 3 channel videos regarding some recent work I saw at an exhibition.
If anyone wants to get their brains going on their senior project we are going to go to the Discovery Zone on Friday AM if anyone wants to go. Thought the interactive installations could help. Give me a call 828-234-7633 chances are I won't answer so leave a message. We will leave around breakfast time early.
ReplyDeleteEric
jesims@unca.edu
Sounds good. Do you plan on posting a specific time on here, or should we just call you?
ReplyDeleteVideo Track.
ReplyDeleteFor project I am interested in:
Immersive soundscapes
Video Projections
MIDI keyboard to control video
abstract video art
Quartz Composer
Composite Imaging
Meeting Today:
ReplyDeleteDuring the meeting today, the other video track people and I had a very productive discussion about the various projects we were interested in, though we haven't officially formed into groups yet. I would like if the video people could have another roundtable sometime this week with the goal of dividing into groups.
Also, we can watch example of the stuff that inspires us to get a feel for one another's aesthetic approaches.
We need to get into groups ASAP, time is running out.
Agreed-
ReplyDeleteI'm wanting to do something with video as well and would dig meeting up soon so we can get our groups hammered out.
I like Cliff's idea of a triptych video type of thing, as well as a soundscape/videoscape thing....incorporating beautiful nature footage would be radtastic too. I'm thinking like the 'Everynone' words or 'stoop sitting video.' Have something to do with association of words, and what they mean, how they relate, stuff like that maybe? Conjure up emotions and feelings with words and associations, but only using video and sound.
Just so we know who's good at what I think we should list our strong points and what we enjoy doing.
I'd say my strong points in MMAS are:
Very very strong in videography/photography, composition of images, FCP editing, pretty strong in AE, know a teeeeeny bit of coding, and I can't think of anything else right now.
I am also usually very flexible with ideas and times and I'm free a lot more than last semester in terms of class times( However, I'm still busy during weekend mornings b/c of work, Friday - Sunday, sometimes Monday, times vary)
Really enjoyed chatting it up at the meeting today!
ReplyDeleteI'm really down to do something with multiple projectors or split screen/more of an installation interactive things with video would be cool.
I definitely want to create something with video snippets of nature/city/life/human interaction/form.
Not opposed to some typography in motion with nice video/time lapse.
LOVE the idea of juxtaposing different things like sounds that don't match or images that are seemingly different with a connection.
Love the idea of the word interaction with video portraying different meanings on the same word or verbal concept with cultural references and/or portraying the natural flow of human mind and finding connections with how people think along the same word stream due to cultural/environmental influence.
I have a really flexible schedule and only have 9 hours this semester. So things are pretty open and I want to put a lot of time into this project and work with people who are willing to do the same. :)
Excellent work! Great start. So glad you initiated the blog. I also want to share ideas about 3 channel videos regarding some recent work I saw at an exhibition.
ReplyDeleteProud of you;)
Thanks, Lorraine
Does anyone have a nice sound bank like something for reason or similar......
ReplyDelete